The University of Oregon Slow Food blog team gathered today for the first time this year. We are excited to post many wonderful recipes and insights into the social, cultural and political meaning we create with the food choices we make.
Each blogger has their own niche:
Stephanie Guerrero, a journalism student and vegan of four years, will be keeping track of the local vegan scene.
Makaya Pratt, a Public Relations student, will be posting weekly inspiration on the Food For Thought page.
Jessica Jorgensen, founder of University of Oregon’s Slow Food chapter, will keep us up to date on Slow Food events and happenings.
Sarah Meyers, a third year Anthropology major and food enthusiast, will deliver the sweet comfort of home cooked recipes that are dear to all our hearts.
Hannah Harris is interested in Eugene culture and will serve us the inside scoop on local food and restaurants.
As for me, Stacey Katlain, I will be your raw food guide. Check the blog for recipes and related posts on the raw food lifestyle.
Our mission is to inspire you to be conscious eaters- to use ingredients you trust, cook up tasty meals and then share them with friends. Together, we created a Grub Goal bucket list, a little creative inspiration from the Slow Food blog team to you.
- Make nut butter and jar it
- Brew a successful kombucha batch
- Create your own recipes
- Make something elaborate and the can it
- Try Woofing
- Visit Trader Joe’s for the first time
- Write a business profile on a local restaurant
- Make sourdough bread
- Try baking gluten-free bread
- Make more recipes from Pinterest boards
- Take a really enticing food photo
- Cook a Thanksgiving dinner
- Make raw pumpkin pie
- Learn how to make sushi
- Try the best of a disliked food
- Try sprouting seeds
- Eat thai food at Ta Ra Rin
- Make bubble tea
- Learn how to make frozen yogurt
- Eat at Sweet Basil
- Last at least a day on the juice diet
What are your Grub Goals for 2013? Leave a comment and we might add yours to the list!