The other day I passed someone’s lawn that only had grass. My only thought was, “Why aren’t you growing vegetables?” Then I realized, not everyone is as obsessed with growing different plants and vegetables as my roommates and I are. So, for you other college urban gardeners out there, here is my list of 10 signs you may be addicted to gardening.
- You’re envious of south-facing lawns.
- You can’t lay in your backyard to sun tan because you have too many plants.
- You skip class to garden.
- You dumpster dive for possible planting containers.
- Your ideal Saturday afternoon is spent at a garden store.
- You send all your friends photos of your new vegetable sprouts.
- You spend your food stamps on seeds.
- You save all recyclables for possible planting containers and/or greenhouses.
- Your garden is cleaner than your house/room.
- You consider your workout lifting bags of soil.
Those are my top ten signs for now. Do you have any to add?
Also, I thought I would update you on my potato plant trial. It’s huge.
Another bloggger suggested adding straw to keep the potato growing tall, and it seemed to work well. Any other tips?